Friday, May 14, 2021 / by Shane Kilby
You may be aware that home improvements can bring a lot of value to your home. However, not all renovations will bring you the same return on your investment. If you’re looking to make some improvements in order to get top dollar on your home, you’re in the right place. Today we’ll be talking about the best, most cost-effective investments you can make when improving your property:
1. Landscaping. Your first impression means everything, and having a well-maintained lawn and garden area can get buyers excited. Landscaping is flexible as well—you can spend as much or as little as you want, depending on how hands-on you want to get. If you want to save some money, skip the professional services and turn it into a weekend project.
2. Kitchens and bathrooms. Buyers are always looking for kitchens and bathrooms with up-to-date looks. You can invest in new flooring, wall coverings, counters, cabinets, hardware, and even appliances.
3. Paint. A fresh coat of paint can go a long way, and it’s one investment that can be incredibly cost-effective while refreshing a home’s entire look.
"If you’re looking to make some improvements in order to get top dollar on your home, you’re in the right place."
4. Flooring. Save some of your budget on the flooring. Whether it means installing new carpets or hardwood, your buyers will definitely notice if you skip out on fixing the floors.
5. Declutter. Decluttering can be done without spending a single penny, but it makes all the difference. Your goal is to depersonalize your home so that buyers aren’t distracted by your belongings. Instead, you want them to envision the lives they could have if they purchased your property. Perhaps more importantly, you want them to notice all the new upgrades you made to your home!
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about quality home improvements, feel free to reach out to me. I look forward to hearing from you soon.