Monday, September 25, 2023 / by Shane Kilby
Here are three ways you can use staging to unlock your home’s potential.
When it comes to selling your home, first impressions matter. Properly staging your home can significantly impact its perceived value and attract potential buyers. By strategically arranging and presenting your space, you can create an inviting atmosphere that resonates with prospective buyers and boosts your home's selling price. To help with this, I’m sharing three key tips for staging your home to maximize its appeal and increase its market value:
1. Declutter and depersonalize. Remove any excessive personal items, family photographs, and collectibles. Streamline the décor to create a neutral canvas that allows potential buyers to envision themselves living in the space. Minimizing clutter not only helps showcase the home's features but also creates a sense of spaciousness and cleanliness. Consider donating or storing unnecessary items to open up the rooms and make them feel more i. ...
Thursday, September 14, 2023 / by Shane Kilby
Sharing three things you need to consider when buying a foreclosed home.
One way for homebuyers to find a great deal on a property is by purchasing a foreclosed home. This is a home that has been repossessed by the bank or a lender after the owner failed to make mortgage payments. According to real estate data curator ATTOM, although still below pandemic levels, the number of foreclosed homes has increased from February 2022 to February 2023, so now is a great time to consider this option.
However, buying a foreclosure can be a complex process and sometimes more difficult than buying a traditional listing. To help you secure a great deal in today's market, consider these three important points when searching for and buying a foreclosure:
1. Hire an experienced real estate agent. By partnering with an experienced agent who specializes in foreclosures, you can gain access to listings that may not be available to the general public. They can also provide insight into the loca! ...
Tuesday, August 29, 2023 / by Shane Kilby
Here are three tips to help you sell your home as soon as possible.
Do you need to sell your house as soon as possible? Maybe you need to relocate for a new job soon, or perhaps you just don’t want to draw out the hassle of a home sale. Whatever your reason is, you don’t need to worry. I have tons of experience helping homeowners sell their properties quickly. Here are three things I’ve learned that will help you sell as soon as possible without sacrificing your final sales price:
1. Prepare your home before putting it on the market. The better your home looks, the more interest you’ll generate. Clean, declutter, and depersonalize before listing your home. That means you’ll need to put away your family photos and pack everything into boxes. I also recommend hiring a professional cleaner. They’ll be able to do the job faster and better than even the most motivated amateur. Once your home is in tip-top shape, buyers will be more likely to put ...
Thursday, August 17, 2023 / by Shane Kilby
Getting the right price for your home comes down to these three tips.
The real estate market is an ever-changing thing. One day, prices are up, and the very next day, everything has reversed on you. Over the last few years especially, with turbulent markets and economic confusion, the real estate market has become increasingly dynamic. In this era of constant fluctuation, how will you know how much your home is worth? There are three things that you need to know:
1. Use the right tools. Online estimators are a great way to get a very rough estimate of where your home’s value is likely to sit. These are best accessed directly through your preferred real estate agent’s website. While they aren’t perfect, these tools can give you a general idea of your home’s value.
"The real estate market has become increasingly dynamic."
2. Use more recent comps. In the past, it was common to use comparative home sales from the prior six months. Now, more than eve ...
Thursday, August 3, 2023 / by Shane Kilby
Tips to help you buy your dream home contingent on selling your old house.
Do you already own a home but want to buy a new one? Unfortunately, not everyone has the money to keep two homes and pay both mortgages. Most people will have to sell their current property to have the funds to pay for the new house. However, two transactions can sometimes mean double the headache. If you're in this position, what can you do to ensure a successful home purchase?
One option that you have is to include a home-sale contingency clause in your offer. This means you will only buy the new home if your current one sells. If it doesn’t, you are free to walk out of the purchase agreement. However, home-sale contingencies can make your offer less attractive to sellers because it introduces uncertainty, may cause delays, and has the potential to make the deal fall through.
"Working with an experienced agent can instill confidence in the seller that your home will sell on the market."